Our client is searching for an Operating Engineer who has a strong focus on operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing facility equipment on all systems. In order to successfully complete daily/weekly work assignments, the Operating Engineer is expected to demonstrate technical expertise in one craft area (e.g., Electrical, HVAC, Piping/Plumbing, Central Utility Plant Operations) and be multi-skilled in others. Must be able to work other shifts when needed.
• Safely operate the facility in accordance with all applicable government and regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrate and enforce safety rules and behaviors.
• Identify, enforce, and assess safety hazards and risks.
• Participate in incident investigations.
• Perform maintenance and monitoring repairs to the mechanical, plumbing, structural, furniture, control, and fire, life and safety systems to keep building systems up to applicable standards.
• Maintain HVAC systems and equipment at optimum levels (e.g., cleaning, inspecting, and changing parts).
• Where necessary, record readings and make adjustments to ensure proper operation of equipment.
• Comply with departmental policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
• Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
• Monitor pricing and work quality of outside contractors.
• Review monthly Client Service Request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems.
• Respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
• Assist site Facility Management team with emergency situations (e.g., fire alarms, chemical spills, and hazardous conditions) and take appropriate actions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to perform all work using the proper personnel protective equipment (PPE).
• In strict accordance, ability to perform all applicable safety policies, procedures, and practices.
• Have thorough knowledge of building systems to achieve operating costs; especially energy.
• Demonstrate aptitude for and/or have practical experience with thermodynamic, electrical, and/or mechanical systems, as well as computer controlled equipment.
• Working knowledge of computer applications, including Word and Excel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or state equivalent
• Minimum of two years of college or related trade schooling
• Minimum of four years’ experience in electrician trade or related field – or, minimum of four years’ experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
• Certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s (or within 90 days of employment)
• Valid U.S. driver’s license with a clean driving record
|Date Posted||May 14, 2018|
|Date Closes||June 13, 2018|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, $20.00 - $30.00, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|SOC Category||49-9071.00 Maintenance and Repair Workers, General|
|Address||5830 S 142nd Street|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha NE 68137|
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories